+254 (0) 202 738 264
Each 1ml contains Diphenhydramine HCI 20 mg.
Diphenhydramine is an antihistaminic substance. It acts like other antihistamines through inhibition of histamine at H1 receptors. It also has substantial sedative, anticholinergic, antitussive, and antiemetic effects.
- Histacure has a sedative effect, so it is used for the treatment of agitation like pruritis associated with allergic responses.
- It is used as adjunctive treatment of vomiting and anorexia may be aseptic laminitis in cattle.
- It has been used for treatment and prevention of motion sickness and as an antiemetic in small animals.
Horses, Cattle, Dogs and Cats.
Dosage and administration:
Horses: 1.25-5 ml HISTACURE per 100 kg body weight by IV or IM injection.
Cattle: 2.5-5 ml HISTACURE per 100 kg body weight by IV or IM injection.
Dogs and Cats: 0.5 – 1 ml HISTACURE per 5 kg body weight/ 12 hours by IM injection.
Hypersensitivity to diphenhydramine or other antihistamines in its class.
Side Effects & Warnings:
- CNS depression and anticholinergic effects like dry mouth and urine retention.
- GIT disturbance like diarrhea, vomiting and anorexia may be occurring.
10 days for meat and 36 hours for milk.
Store at temperature not exceeding 30° C and used immediately after opening.
Inquire about this Product
Error: Contact form not found.