+254 (0) 202 738 264
Each 1 ml contains: Ivermectin…10mg.
Ivermectin is derived from the avermectin, a family of the highly active broad-spectrum, anti-parasitic agents, which are produced from fermentation of Streptomyces Avermitilis.
In roundworms, ivermectin stimulates the release of GABA from nerve endings and enhances binding of GABA to special receptors at nerve junctions, thus Interrupting nerve impulses, paralyzing and kiting the
parasite. The enhancement of the GABA effect in arthropods resembles that in roundworms except that nerve impulses are interrupted between the nerve ending and the muscle cell.
Ivermectin has no measurable effect against flukes of tapeworms, presumably because they do not have GABA as a nerve impulse transmitter.
Recommended doses of ivermectin have a wide safely margin in livestock. The principal peripheral nourotransmitter in mammals, acetylcholine is unaffected by Ivermectin. Ivermectin does not readily penetrate the contral nervous system of mammals.
Paramectin injection is indicated for the treatment of infestation with the following parasites:
Cattle and Buffaloes:
1. Gastrointestinal round worms: Adults and immature (fourth-stage larvae): Ostertagia ostertag (including Inhibited stage) Haemonchus placal, Trichostrongylus axel, T. colubriformis, Cooperia spp. and Oesophagostomum radiatum.
Adult Stages: Cooperia oncophora, C. punctata. Strongyloides papillosus, Oesophagostomum venulosum and Trichuris spp.
Immature (fourth-stage larvae): Nematodinus spp.
2. Lung Worms: Dictyocaulus viviparus adults and Immatura.
3. Cattle Grubs: Parasitic stages of Hypoderma bovis and H. Lineatum.
4. Tropical Cattle Grube: Parasitic stages of Dermatobia hominis.
5. Mites: Cherioptes bovis and Sarcoples scabia var, bovis.
6. Lice: Linognathus vitull, Haematopinus ourystomus, Damalinia bovis and Solenopoles capillatus.
7. It also aids in the control of cattle ticks (Boophilus microplus).
Sheep and Goats:
1. Gastro-intestinal round worms: Haemonchus contorlus (adults and fourth-stage larvae). Haemonchus placel (adults), Ostertagia circumcincta (adults and fourth-stage larvae). Trichostrongylus axel (adults and fourth-stage larvae).
Trichostrongylus colubriformis (adults and fourth-stage larvae), Cooperia curtical (adults and fourth-stage larvae), Cooperia oncophora (adults), Oesophagostomum columbianum (adults and fourth stage larvas).
Oesophagostomum venulosum (fourth stage larvea), Nematodinus battus (adults and fourth-stage larvae), Nematodirus spathiger (adults and fourth-stage larvae), Strongyloides papilosus (adults) Chabertia ovina (adults) and Trichuris ovis (adults).
2. Lung worms: Dictyocaulus fllarin (adults and fourth-stage larvae).
3. Nasal Bots: Oestrus ovis (all larval stages)
1. Gastrointestinal round worms: Haemonchus contortus (adult), Ostertagia spp. (adult), Trichostrongylus axel, T. Colubriformis, Tvitrinus, Oesophagostomum columbianum and Chabera spp.
2. Mange mites: Sarcoptes scabiei var camell. A single Injection to be given in case of S. Scabiei var camel.
Adults and larvae of Ascaris suum, Hyostrongylus rubidus. Oesophagostomum spp, and the lung worm Metastrongylus apri, in addition to the mange mile and suclding louse. The treatment of pregnant sows can block the trans-colostral transmission of Strongyloides ransom to piglets.
Its efficacy against Trichuris suis is -80%
Dosage and Administration:
Cattle, buffaloes and Camel: 1 mi Paramectin injection (10 mg ivermectin) per 50 kg Bwl. (200 ug /1kg B.wt.) which should be injected subcutaneously under the loose skin in the front of or behind the shoulder.
Sheep and goats: 1/2 ml Paramectin injection per 25 kgs Bwt. (200 pg/ 1kg B.wt.) to be injected by subcutaneous injection in the loose skin behind the shoulder.
Pigs: 1 ml Paramectin injection (10 mg ivermectin) per 33.3 kgs 8 w (0.3 mg/1kg Bwt) which should be injected subcutaneously.
Meat: 21 days
Contra Indications and Warnings:
Not to be used for horses.
Not to be injected intravenous or intramuscular.
Not to be used for rough collie dogs.
Not to be used for Murray Grey cattle.
Store tightly closed in dark place below 30°C.