+254 (0) 202 738 264
10% Iron Dextran injection.
Each ml contains 100mg of Iron Dextran.
Used in prophylaxis and treatment of anemia in piglets, calves and other domestic animals.
Usage and Dosage:
Piglets: 2ml deep intramuscular injection 3-4 days after birth.
Repeat dose on the 21st day of life.
Calves: 4-8ml first week after birth. Repeat dose at 4-6 weeks of age.
Lambs, goats, large dogs: 1.5ml.
Large cattle and horses: 10ml.
1. Hypersensitivity to the active substance.
2. Known serious hypersensitivity to other parental iron products.
3. Non-iron deficiency anaemia (haemolytic anaemia).
4. Iron overload or disturbances in utilization of iron i.e. haemachromatosis, haemosiderosis
5. Decompensated liver cirrhosis and hepatitis.
6. Acute or chronic infections because iron administration may
exacerbate bacterial or viral infections.
7. Acute renal failure.
Inquire about this Product
Error: Contact form not found.